Excel gridline changes.

Reaction score
In the new excel, when I ask mac help how to change the style of gridlines, it says:

To change the style of sheet gridlines:

On the View menu, click Formatting Palette.
Under Ledger Sheet, on the Style pop-up menu, click the gridline style that you want to use.

The problem is, there is no ledger sheet: Style pop-up on the formatting palette. Does anyone know how to make my gridlines solid again?

Thank you,

Wally

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
In the new excel, when I ask mac help how to change the style of gridlines, it says:

To change the style of sheet gridlines:

On the View menu, click Formatting Palette.
Under Ledger Sheet, on the Style pop-up menu, click the gridline style that you want to use.

The problem is, there is no ledger sheet: Style pop-up on the formatting palette. Does anyone know how to make my gridlines solid again?

Thank you,

Wally

Hello Wally & welcome :)

When you click on the "View" menu, do you see "Style" listed in there?

I could be wrong and I don't have Microsoft for Mac but to me the instructions as you've written them, mean:

1. Go to the "View" menu
  2. Select "Style"
  3. From the "Style" pop-up menu select "Ledger Sheet"
  4. From the "Ledger Sheet" pop-up menu select the gridline of your choice.

Mind you, I could be totally wrong but please let me know regardless ... ;)

Reaction score
Thank you Spawn,
I see what you mean. However, there is no Style on the view menu. I have gone over every possibility and can't find a way to change the gridlines. They stay dotted. The only control is to turn gridlines on or off, or to print or not print.

This is in Excel from Mac Office-home & student version. I know it doesn't have the networking options that the Pro version has. I'm beginning to wonder if this is also one of the limitations of the cheaper version.

Wally

Reaction score
All is well now!

I found the style pop up menu is under the heading of "Borders & Shading", not "Ledger sheet" as is indicated by excel help.

Thank you for the help,

Wally

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
All is well now!

I found the style pop up menu is under the heading of "Borders & Shading", not "Ledger sheet" as is indicated by excel help.

Thank you for the help,

Wally

Glad to hear that Wally & thanks for posting the fix as others will no doubt search for this information in the future :)

PS. Ignore the "edited by Spawn_Dooley" in your last post, it's a case of "My Bad" ;)

Ask a Question