Excel problem

Reaction score
I've been having this problem with a certain Excel file, with increasing frequency.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the file is saved on Dropbox.

Not a huge file -- about 400 K.

The problem is that, while the file is open and left unsaved for very long (now, just a few minutes), when I do try to save it, Excel says it can't find the file, and makes me close the file without saving. The file will still exist, but the filename will have changed to a string of eight numbers.

The Excel error message will blame memory issues.

Excel version 14.7.7
OS X 10.11.6
But the same thing has happened on earlier versions of both OS X and Excel. Just recently, though, it's happening with this particular file almost every day.

I have a lot of Excel files saved on Dropbox, but this is the only one this happens with.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you running the Dropbox app on your Mac?

C

Reaction score
The same Excel file just did it to me again.

Any further thoughts on this?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If the same file is continually giving the error, you could try selecting all, copying, and pasting in a new document, then save that. See if it gives the same errors as the original - maybe it's something in the file itself.

C

Ask a Question