Excel and printing problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having two issues.

1) Each time I ctrl/click to bring up the pop up menu in Excel (to insert/delete, format etc) the list of options keeps duplicating. Early on, the options will be listed once; the next time they will be listed twice and the first list won't work. As I use this feature multiple times the list gets very long and i have to scroll down, down, down to get to the last listing of the options which are the only ones that work.

2) When printing a multi page document, only page one is printing. The onset of this problem may have coincided with an operating system update, but not sure. Seems to be a problem with the paper printer and PDF as well

I'm on a G4 PowerBook running OX 10.4.11

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi Markb

In response to problem 1:

Quit Excel and any other open MS apps, then locate and trash the files listed below:

1) Home/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Excel.plist
2) Home/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/com.microsoft.Excel.prefs.plist
3) Home/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Excel Toolbars

Relaunch Excel and test.

In response to problem 2:

Delete all printers and recreate. If still a problem, get a copy of Printer Setup Repair (http://www.fixamac.net/) and run it... it works a treat.

Let me know if problems persist...

Ask a Question