email locked up

Reaction score
I have 10.2.8.

When I click on the standard email application (postage stamp), I get a message that says: The mailbox "Library/Mail/[email protected]/Drafts.mbox" is currently locked by "myname" on host "c-xx-xx-xxx-xx.hsd1.mn.comcast.net". If you open a mailbox that already is in use, you may damage its contents.

(Note: In the above, I have substituted "myname" for my real name, and xx's for my host ID number.)

The choices I have are

. Open Read Only
. Quit
. Open Anyway

When I click on any of these, nothing happens.

I have talked to Comcast, and they said the problem is not with them - it is an Apple email problem.

The only way I can get out of email is to do a command, option, escape. The drop-down menu will not allow me to Quit Email as that only appears in faded type.

Almost everything in the Mail status bar dropdown menus are unavailable to me. I cannot change accounts in email.

I can only access email by going through my Comcast site.

Also, when I want to "contact us" at a website, and I fill in its information and message, when I submit, it won't send it, and I get this same locked up message.

I am wondering if I did something to a keychain access in error??? This is a home computer, and I am the only one that uses it.

I am wondering if I set up my email account preferences wrong, such as the second option page that asks for authentification preferences and port numbers. However, I cannot access my email account preferences through the Mail status bar.

Also, if I go into iphoto and try to send an album by email, I can't do that either.

Is there something I need to change in Apple System Preferences?

Also, when I log out, the logout final screen remains (that calls for my name and password), and I cannot click on shut down or restart as these options are in faded type.

Thanks!

Ask a Question