EMail Software and Spam Filtering

honestone

Reaction score
Ever since I abandoned Outlook 2016 back in August for Thundrerbird, the amount of spam EMails I get is just about zero! I have not tweaked any of the default spam settings in Thunderbird, nor have I done anything with my ISP's (Xfinity) settings (not even sure I can). Interestingly, even though I have no Spam folder within Thunderbird itself on either of my Macs, there is such a folder when I check my EMail on Comcast's site (rarely do it), and it seems to be always empty. The only change I made was switching from POP to IMAP. That of course keeps all my EMails in sync on both of my machines, and with Comcast.

It is of course a welcome change that I see very, very little (in fact rarely) any spam EMails, but I wonder what are the reasons for this. Could part of it be due to Comcast/Xfinity getting better at "controlling" spam?

In any event, I was wondering what about other EMail software and spam filtering/controls? Most folks here use Apple's Mail program, but a number of such folks have various issues with it. There is of course the excellent third party software SpamSieve, but I myself have never really needed it.

Some feedback/opinions/insights, etc. would be helpful.

Last edited:
Ad

Advertisements

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
I use apple mail, works with no problems. I was getting some spam on my icloud email account so I deactivated the account. It was strange as I had never used the icloud account to send any mail or given the address to anyone.

Ad

Advertisements

honestone

Reaction score
Thanks, Lufbrarunner. I don't use iCloud at all, which is just fine with me.

Ask a Question