Duplicate Photos

Reaction score
How can I remove photo duplicates safely without damaging my iPhoto App or losing my photos altogether. I have no idea how this happened.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

As always, it is strongly recommended that you have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of iPhoto?

The best way to remove duplicates in iPhoto/Photos, is manually in the application itself. It can be a daunting task with a large library containg hundreds/thousands of photos. There are several applications that remove duplicates, but I personally haven't found them to be very successful.

C

Reaction score
Dear Cory: Re: Duplicate Photos: My Version is Mojave 10.14.6 and iPhoto is 4.0 Thank You so much for your reply - I will manually delete
my photos - will take a while. Have a great day and Stay Safe!!!

Reaction score
I have found 'Singlemizer' duplicate finder to be pretty useful in the past.

Reaction score
I bought a product called "Duplicate Anhilliator for Photos", which works well. Actually, I bought it for the older photos program and upgraded with the new photos program. It uses a couple of algorithms to mark photos as duplicates, which you can use a smart folder to review and duplicate. https://brattoo.com/propaganda/

Reaction score
Hi,

There is a free application that I have used and it is working fine, it is called Photo Duplicate Cleaner. Once you launch it, it will create in Photos application an album called Duplicate Photos and moves these duplicates without affecting your photos library.

Best regards

Ask a Question