How can I delete surplus duplicate copy of Photoshop from iMac hard disk?

Reaction score
This is my first posting on Mac Help. This excellent Mac Desktop forum appears to be the best place to help me with a problem and I would be grateful for any suggestions leading to a solution.

My iMac is a Retina 27-in late 2014 model running under OS X 10.10.5, it replaced an 2008 iMac 24 that had given good service since 2008 but suffered several problems that were repaired - an expensive job each time. When the new machine arrived I followed instructions on transferring programs and data from the older Mac and somehow ended up with two copies of Adobe Photoshop CS3 on the new machine. Both are on the internal hard drive. I use Photoshop a good deal but do not need two copies! How do I scrub one without affecting operation of the other?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Try this:
  • Open Finder and navigate to Applications ~> Utilities ~> Adobe Installers,
  • Launch the Uninstaller,
  • Do not select the option to 'Remove Preferences',
  • Click Uninstall.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Spawn-Dooley; your rapid and clear response provided an efficacious solution to an annoying problem. For this relief, much thanks.

My thanks also go to your fellow Moderators and the founders of this excellent Mac Help web site, to which I shall no doubt return.

Ask a Question