Duplicate Logon Screen & Duplicate Notifications in Email

Reaction score
Whenever I open my browser there is a very brief flicker and two screens open. If I close the (x) Tab then the extra screen goes away. Also, when I receive an email, the notification shows two emails in the inbox but there's only one. ??????

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which browser/version - Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox?

The browser issue could be a couple of things:
- > System Preferences... > General > Close windows when quitting app isn't checked
-The pages that are loading are set as startup pages - especially in Google Chrome and Firefox. Chrome > Preferences > On startup > Continue where you left off or Open a specific page or set of pages

Mail issue:
-Do you mean an actual Notification Center notification in the upper right of the screen?
-Is it a Gmail account that is doing it?
-Could you possibly have email forwarding enabled on one account, that is forwarding the emails to another?

C

Reaction score
Catalina 10.15.2 . I use BRAVE as my browser (over 2 years), Duck-Duck-Go as search engine. I have a gmail account which is seldom used. Primary account is charter.net. Not upper right corner. When the inbox line tells you how many emails are in that particular box. It also shows double to actual content of mails.

Ask a Question