Downloading problems

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im having problems, when I download new programmes its saving them as excel documents on the desktop, obviously this is then a laod of code in the excel doc. How do i get it back to the original programme expander?

Regards and thanks for any help comments

Deano

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Deano and welcome,

what software is this happening in ? Safari ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for coming to my aid. This is Happening when using Firefox. I think i may have deleted Stuffit, but I am unable to download it still as the downloads default to Excel.

Reaction score
Hi Deano,

If you have any "Excel" documents on your desktop that have not downloaded correctly, then right click on the downloaded document, (ctrl click if using single button mouse) and choose "get info."

When the get info screen appears, just over half way down under "name and extension," you will see the words "Open with" with a small black arrow next to it on the left hand side.

If you cannot see the name of the application listed under "open with" click on that little arrow. Now, you will see the name of the application your system is using to open these type of documents.

You need to change it if it is not listed as "Microsoft Excel" To do this, just click the arrows next to the name of the application listed and bring up the drop down menu, and click on other...

Find the actual Excel application on your system, which should be in your applications folder under Microsoft Office and click on that.

Before you close the "get info" screen, click on "change all" button within the get info screen. Your document should now open as an Excel file, if it does not, restart your system, because sometimes I find this is necessary for the change to take effect.

Reaction score
The stuff I am trying to download is not Excel documments, this is happening when i try and down load software. I have tried changing the programme to open them with but dont seem to get the option. I may have delleted suffit by mistake.. how do i go about getting it back...

cheers

Dean

Reaction score
Problem solved... :):):)

The answer...

I had been messing with the files that I use to save all my documents and had deleted the file where Firefox was trying to save all my stuff to.. and for some reason it defaulted to think everything i downloaded was an Excel document....

Just had to go into the setting on Firefox and change the destination...

Im now downloading Firefox 2 .... looking forward to it.

Thanks all who gave their help

Deano:):):)

Ask a Question