SOLVED Does Apple have a cCleaner program ?

Reaction score
like Windows has ? I seen a 'gold' colored 13 in laptop at Best Buy that I love and might get.
wondering if there is a C cleaner app that works with Apple laptops

If I get this laptop I don't want to pay a tech over a 100 extra to clean it up for me.
any one have any suggestions on how to get rid of the pre loaded junk that will probably be on it ?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

There isn't a CCleaner-type app for Mac, as it isn't needed. There isn't any bloatware preinstalled on Macs as there is on various PCs from the different manufacturers.

There is a list of what comes preinstalled on each Mac's page on the Apple website:
MacBook Specs - Built-in Apps

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
I'll have to make a trip to Best Buy to see what the charging cable ends hook on to. One USB cable goes in side, Ok, where does
the other usb cable hook into?
Does the MacBook have a slot for memory cards from cameras ?
I'm green , here......LOL
thanks for your response !

Reaction score
I don't want that 'dark mode' either. How would I change it to 'light' ?

Like High Sierra don't want Mojave

Reaction score
If you do an install of High Sierra, 'Light' and 'Dark' mode will not be an issue. If you install Mojave you are given a choice for the default mode.
My MacBook Pro has a slot for SD cards, But I usually connect my camera (Nikon D70) by USB and use Image Capture.app due to the Nikon using CF cards.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Along with Lufbrarunner's comments:
-After setting the default, light/dark mode can be changed at any time.
-I assume you meant the USB-C charging cord? If so, the current MacBook family has USB-C ports. They are used for various things, including charging. The AC power brick also had a USB-C port that is used with the charging cable,
-All the current MacBooks come with Mojave, and the most currently refreshed models will not support any version of macOS before Mojave. It would depend on the actual model you purchase.
-I believe only the MacBook Pros have the SD card slot...the MacBook and MacBook Air do not.

I recommend reading through the specifications for the different models on the Apple website.

C

Ask a Question