Apple Watch sometimes doesn't unlock with phone

Reaction score
My Apple Watch sometimes doesn't unlock with phone, and sometimes doesn't unlock my iMac. I got my Apple Phone 4 a couple of weeks ago, and am never sure whether my iPhone wakes it up after I put it on, except by hitting the crown a couple of times to see if the code is still there.

Here's what happened this morning (and a couple of times in the past):

My iMac turns on at 5:15 a.m. I got up later this morning, took off my watch, and took a shower. After breakfast, I checked my iPhone to see if my Apple Watch was fully charged, it was. I put the Apple Watch on, and spend a couple of minutes touching my iPhone to unlock the watch. I gave up and typed in the passcode. I hit a key on my iMac and it wanted to use my watch to unlock, but wouldn’t do it. So I typed in my iMac’s passcode.

What is causing this intermittent problem? (I very often have connectivity problems between my iDevices and iTunes, but that is a different issue).

Ask a Question