Documents missing

Reaction score
Hi I recently went to documents to get a doc file and everything seems to be missing except for about 10 documents which are recent mostly.

A while back I had cleaned up my inbox and got rid of stuff on my desktop but have never deleted anything from my Documents is there somewhere I should look in or do to recover them?
I mac 2.4 Ghz intel 2 duo
Mem 1 GB 667 Mhz
Mac OS X version 10.4.11

Reaction score
Do you do regular back-ups? If you do, you could recover the missing documents by using your back-up. Other than that, you would probably need to use some commercial file recovery application to see if you can recover the missing files. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

You might also try running some utility program (Disk Utility, for example) to tune up your Mac. This issue of documents disappearing mysteriously could be a sign of other things. Is your hard drive nearly full?

Reaction score
Thanks, No I am awful at backing up I just use my Mac ,it's so reliable ...until Now.
What agencies do you suggest for file recovery?
I will try checking as you suggest.

Ask a Question