Deleting emails from iPhone 5C but keeping them on server/computer. BT account.

Reaction score
I can't delete emails in bulk from my old iPhone although my partner who has an old SE can.
I can only delete them manually and there are over two thousand emails. We can hide the emails but this still takes up memory!
We need to keep the emails we need on our computer.
Please help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Are the emails on your old iPhone accessible from your computer's email application or via a webmail login from your email provider? If so, simply delete the old email account from the old phone. It may depend on which version of iOS you are both running. Also, it could be how the email account is setup - as POP or IMAP?

I have found it much easier to delete email in bulk on a computer versus a mobile device.

Let me know if any of that helps, or if I misunderstood your request.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

Are the emails on your old iPhone accessible from your computer's email application or via a webmail login from your email provider? If so, simply delete the old email account from the old phone. It may depend on which version of iOS you are both running. Also, it could be how the email account is setup - as POP or IMAP?

I have found it much easier to delete email in bulk on a computer versus a mobile device.

Let me know if any of that helps, or if I misunderstood your request.

C
Hello Cory

Thanks for your reply.
Emails on iPhone (iPhone 5S) are accessable via my computer.
I delete the unwanted emails via my computer but they still download onto my iphone! I have tried various things but I can't stop deleted emails from still coming through to my iPhone. I have to go through all the emails on the iphone to delete them individually, as using 'delete all' might remove the emails I want from the server and thus my computer. My husband who has an iPhone SE doesn't have these problems.
Thanks

Ask a Question