Calendar Quits Upon Open, already tried deleting cache

Reaction score
Hello!

Macbook Pro 13 inch (mid 2012); High Sierra 10.13.6

Calendar started quitting upon open several months ago. I deleted the calendar cache and that fixed it for about a half a day, then it quit again and returned to quitting upon open. I ignored it, and yesterday tried again. Deleted the cache--well, moved it to the desktop--and it opened and worked. until today. Quit again, and quits upon open. This is making me crazy!

I copied the error report, but it's too long to post here. I've included one part, please let me know if some other portion would be more useful. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas about how to fix this! Thanks in advance!

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty array'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

A few troubleshooting questions:
-How many accounts are syncing with the calendar app?
-What types are the accounts - iCloud, Exchange, Google, etc.?
-Do you also have them setup on any iOS devices - iPhone, iPad, or other Macs?

C

Reaction score
Thank you!
-Just one account, I think
-Google
-Yes, on my iPhone--where it works without any difficulty

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Since all the calendar events for Google are in the cloud, I would recommend closing/quitting all apps including Calendars, then delete the Google account from  > System Preferences.. > Internet Accounts, then re-add it and see if that fixes it.

Let us know how that goes,

C

Reaction score
I finally got to try this and I think it worked! Thank you! It's only been about 5 minutes, but so far the calendar synced and hasn't quit yet. I'll post again if it does quit, so if you don't hear from me that means it worked.

Thank you again!

Ask a Question