Delete "Previous System" folders?

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum.
I have a 1 Ghz Mac G4. 1 GB DDR SDRAM.
OS 10.4.11

I'm running out of memory so I'm doing some clean up. Deleting files, archiving to CD, as well as transferring files to an external HD.

On my G4 hard drive I have a folder titled "Previous Systems" In it are three folders:
Previous System 1 (date Feb 2009) size: 5.58 GB
Previous System 2 (date Jul 2009) size: 15.6 GB
Previous System 3 (date also Jul 2009) size: 2.67 GB

Also on my G4 hard drive I have a folder title "System" (date June 24 2010 - the last time I reinstalled the system). There is also a folder with a number "9" on it labeled "System Folder" (yes still have a few OS 9 applications and games that I occasionally run - could live without them)

Question: Is it safe to delete all three previous system folders? They appear be just sitting there taking up a lot of memory.

Reaction score
Hello,
If everything is running smoothly and you don't need anything from your previous system's folders, you can delete them. Keep the System Folder.

Reaction score
hi im new to this site and i hope i can get some help
im using macbook pro 2.53 GHz intel core 2 duo my memory is 4GB 1067 MHz Mac OS X 10.6.4
and im a dj so my hard drive is 250GB so i dont have any space a buy a new sata 2.5 hard drive western digital blue scorpio 1TB and i backup my system with SuperDuper software and i upgrade it and i install the new hard drive hes booting but when im click in finder or try to click in something its getting freeze and a i have to restart it and its getting like this freeze now i change my hard drive to the old one 250 please help to i can upgrade it for 1tb

Ask a Question