Defunct email spam

Reaction score
I have a couple of .mac email addresses that I no longer need. I deleted these but I am still getting spam email sent to them. Can anyone advise me about how to permanently disable these addresses? I assume I missed an important setting.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you mean in the Mail application on your Mac? Have you completely deleted them from  > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I assume you mean in the Mail application on your Mac? Have you completely deleted them from  > System Preferences... > Internet Accounts?

C
Hi Cory

Thanks for getting back. I just checked these setting. The only email accounts listed are my @icloud and @gmail.com which are both still active. I also get any mail sent to @mac.com. I have a couple of @mac.com addresses which I do not require any longer. I don't know how to remove them. They are some spammer lists.

Reaction score
I have a couple of .mac email addresses that I no longer need. I deleted these but I am still getting spam email sent to them. Can anyone advise me about how to permanently disable these addresses? I assume I missed an important setting.
Go into Systems Preferences -> Internet Accounts. The window that opens will have all your internet accounts on the left list. Select each one because not all of them are necessarily Mail accounts. The ones you find with Mail selected are the ones available to receive e-mail. You don’t necessarily have to delete that account. Just click the box to the left of Mail to unselect it. Keep the account in case you need the other services in the future.

Ask a Question