Email Troubles

Reaction score
AOL inhereted me from Verizon and has been getting less and less friendly. Now demanding I drop Apple email as a 3rd party reader and some apps too... As in (from AOL):

"We’ve noticed that you’re using non-AOL applications (such as third-party email, calendar, or contact applications) that may use a less secure sign-in method. To protect you and your data, AOL will no longer support the current sign-in functionality in your application starting on December 7, 2021".

Which I take to mean that if I don't comply, they will shut down my existing AOL email...

Tried gmail and Google wants to take over like a new O/S. So I'm looking for a new, friendlier direct email provider. It even changed my blog address when I visit other bloggers to a google account address. I have to get out of this trap.

My requirements are simple. I get a few personal emails per day with an occasional pic file or 2 but sometimes a dozen at most. No large files and I don't do anything complicated...

I'm willing to pay a nominal fee and I'm willing to go through the trouble of telling everyone I've changed my email addresses (3 accounts for specific purposes).

But I can't seem to find information on whether Apple email provides addresses of its own directly... Does Apple do that? Is it a direct email provider or just a reader?

I did a search on this site and read 5 pages of threads and didn't find that. Hoping someone can help me understand this.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi :)

With your Mac comes an @me.com email address.

If you set up your iCloud email account in System Prefs > Internet Accounts then you can start using your @me.com email and are also entitled to create another 3 different @me.com mail aliases:

After you set up a primary iCloud Mail address, you can create up to three @icloud.com email aliases on iCloud.com. After you set up an alias, you can send and receive mail from that alias on iCloud.com and on any device that has Mail turned on in iCloud settings.
I hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers,

Marty

Ask a Question