Mac Mail emails within conversation out of chronological order

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently encountered a problem with Mail on Mojave (I can't update my OS due to needing 32-bit apps). I have some conversations where the emails (an Outlook account) within them are out of chronological order. When I click the arrow next to the conversation to expand it, the emails are listed in proper order here. But when I just left click on the conversation as a whole and scroll through it's out of order. It looks like they are fine on my iPhone, however. I couldn't find anything online that might resolve this.

Before anybody asks, I’ve already tried the following with no success:

View > Sort By > Date
View > Sort By > Newest Message on Top
Mail > Preferences > Viewing > View conversations > Show most recent message on top

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I personally don't use Conversations in the Mail application, as it can be more confusing than individual emails because of the issue you are speaking of.

I will do a little troublshooting and see if I can find any suggestions in addition to what you have tried, but I have experienced the same issues you are, which is why I disabled it quite a while ago.

C

Ask a Question