Database software

Reaction score
I've used Windows Office Access for years but now I have a Mac. Is there database software for Mac that is equal to or better than Office's Access?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome!

I've used FilemakerPro for years, very good relatively easy to use...depends what you need it for.

http://www.filemaker.com/

They also make a more personal app called Bento 3....depending on your needs.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks Ric, I'll check out both of them.

I handle a database for a large group and there are always changes to be made, mailing addresses, phone numbers etc., and when sending out information some names don't get some of the same things sent out as others but I keep all names on the same database and just click yes or no to seperate those that get one thing from others who get something else. That's how I use Access. If Filemaker or Bento 3 can do the same then I won't have to keep going back to my old Windows computer each month to print mailing labels.

Reaction score
Hi Redbat,
If you like to use Open Source software you can also try the NeoOffice-suite (the Open Office-software for Mac OS X).

There is also a database application, like MS Access included.

Good luck,
Ronald

Ask a Question