Rebuild Outlook 2011 for mac database.

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am trying to rebuild my outlook for mac email database for days now. I keep getting this message that "Something's wrong with Outlook Database. Please repair to fix the problem" Clicking the repair button gets me nowhere. Searching more for the solution I landed here: http://www.outlookmacdatabaserecovery.com/, an application that ensures outlook email database recovery. I need some exports advice on this tool before i go for it as I dont want to loose any of my email.

Please provide some insight for this application. You help will be really appreciated. Thanls

Reaction score
I have no experience with the software you mentioned, but I have Outlook 2011 on both of my Macs, and I rebuild the database once a week. So, first make sure that you have a backup of your entire system.

Second, when you launch Outlook 2011, hold down the Option key. You'll then get the Microsoft Database Utility Screen, asking you to select an Identity (for myself, there is only one called "Main Identity"). Click on that (if it's not already highlighted/selected), then click Rebuild. The tool will then proceed to rebuild that database. When it's finished, a new one is built. Quit that software, and launch Outlook like normal. If that solves your issue, good. If not, then you should do some more research on the software that you are looking at.

By the way, when I use Microsoft's tool, the "old" database is actually backed up. You'll find both databases via the path /Users/yourusername/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities. Your "active" identity will be called "Main Identity", and when you use the Microsoft Tool, the "old"one will be called "Main Identity (Backed up Date Time)". Once you verify that the new identity works fine, you can trash the old one (the one that says "Backed Up").

Reaction score
Outlook mac database files are known as OLM files. These files are very important and crucial file for mac Outlook as they store all information of user mac Outlook mailbox data. Few days ago I was also same error message. I discussed my issue with mac Outlook recovery expert and came to know that my Outlook file has been corrupt and I was suggested to opt for Stellar Phoenix OLM repair tool. I used recommended tool and get my problem resolved. I would suggest same software for everyone to repair corrupt mac Outlook database.

Ask a Question