coppeid file print

Reaction score
Hello I am new to mac and am trying to figure out why when I copy items from my linux ubuntu system on a usb pen drive to the mac g4 ibook I have troubles printing them.

I first noticed this with a couple of jpegs. I think I finally exported them to jp2 file format once they were already saved then I could print is this the only way to get files like this to print?

Also I tried to print a pdf file but was unable to get it done... I tried to export/save as with no luck. How can I get the pdf file coppied from my pen drive to print on the mac?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi bmenge and welcome.

Did you drag the .pdf from the pen drive onto your Macs desktop? Can you then launch the PDF which should be displayed in Preview?

Reaction score
yes I think that that the file was drag and drop on to the desktop. I can view the file in ColorSync Utility, go from page to page zoom in zoom out. One slight correction I don't think that there is any relevance the pdf was from a burned cd, also I can not print from finder when I open the disk and view the pdf with out copying/saving to the hd.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
ColorSync Utility helps you manage your ColorSync profiles and Quartz filters, why is it launching when you click on a PDF ... ???

To open all PDF documents in Preview follow these instructions:

• In the Finder, select a PDF document,
  • choose 'File' -> 'Get Info'
  • click "Open with"
  • choose Preview from the pop-up menu,
  • click 'Change All'.

Try this and let me know how it goes ...

Reaction score
wonderful that worked. Things like this will come with time as I get more familiar with the mac apps but it might have taken a while before I thought it was opening in the wrong app. Thanks for the help

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You're most welcome bmenge ;) Feel free to ask any questions that come up ...

Are you still having problems with picture files (JPG)? You can follow the above instructions with them as well ...

Reaction score
yes I went ahead and changed all the open with properties for the image files as well. Its nice when its an easy fix like that.

I have a few networking questions that I am searching the ubuntu/mac forums if I don't get things understood then I will a new post thanks.

Ask a Question