Connecting a G5 to two monitors and a TV

Reaction score
Hi all; basically what I would really like is some help connecting my Powermac G5, two 21" (1680x1050) apple mac monitors and a 26" Bush TV (with one VGA, one HDMI and component etc ports) at the same time.

I've tried to do this with a friends DVI cable splitter (something like this http://www.computer-reclaim.co.uk/ekmps/shops/comprec/images/338285-002.jpg) but I couldn't get a picture on the macs monitor.

The ideal result would be two mac monitors functioning at top resolution and the TV mirroring one of those monitors at its own resolution so it would only require me to change the input on the TV. I know this is tricky but i've heard of boxes you can buy for laptops that allow you to do weird things with one connection (having the TV as a 3rd monitor would be the next best thing, if that's what these are used for).

If this isn't possible just having it so the TV's permanently connected, then when I want to use it I just go into display preferences and lower the monitors resolution so it can be mirrored onto the TV; and then up the resolution when I want to actually use that monitor, would also be ok.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Ask a Question