Email account not connecting

Reaction score
I'm unsure that I have selected the appropriate Forum section, however - My Mac now constantly tells me "Can't connect to the account Hotmail", and asks for my password. It then tells me "Unable to verify account or password". However, it still sends and receives emails and I have done nothing to change any settings nor my Password. Suggestions as to what is happening, and a correction thereof, will be much appreciated.

Reaction score
I had a similar episode of this a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to go away on its own, after a week or so. I thought it was something to do with the Hotmail servers rather than the computer as my Gmail account was fine.

Reaction score
I assume you are connecting to your Hotmail EMail account via a browser. Is it Safari? I use both Google Chrome and Opera, and have no issues connecting with either my GMail account or my Hotmail account (for my primary one, I launch Outlook 2016, which then connects to the Comcast server for my EMail access there).

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, I'm not particularly disadvantaged since my emails seem to work, whatever my device tells me, so maybe it will sort itself out, given time.

Reaction score
When a password gets stored onto your Mac its done in a secure fashion. Sometimes this gets corrupt. While your password is fine on the server side of things, the Mac is confused.
Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question