How can I backup all my email accounts on Mac book pro in one go?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Denise Woodgerd, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Denise Woodgerd

Denise Woodgerd New Member

Hello Team,

I am using 3 different email accounts on my mac, one of apple, other of outlook and one of yahoo on mac thunderbird. I wanted to know if it is possible to backup all the three accounts in one go? Also if this process can be automated, then that would be great. Does anyone know a solution to this query? Do Reply.

Thanks

Denise Woodgerd, Jan 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Denise Woodgerd

Cory Cooper Moderator

Hello and welcome.

A Time Machine backup would be the easiest and most automatic. It would also backup all of your other files as well. There are other ways too, such as a SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner bootable clone of your entire hard drive. In addition, you could perform some form of manual backup, which isn't recommended, and is much more difficult.

If you have setup all of your accounts as IMAP, and make any folders for storing mail on the server, then the backup is automatic, and you can see/search all of your mail even when logged into webmail via a web browser.

Hope that helps,

C

Cory Cooper, Jan 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Denise Woodgerd

My email database is quite large, so time machine and the automatic upload of emails takes a lot of time when I log into another email client. I have three different accounts, all them are heavily loaded. I need a solution that can quick;y backup all the emails of all the 3 accounts. I also did some research of my own to find the solution, it seems like there are some applications available that provide email backup solutions. I found this application, http://www.mailbackupx.com/, that can backup from all the email clients available in mac. I am trying its demo version, seems okay. Can you have a look and provide your views. It would be very helpful. Thanks

Denise Woodgerd, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Denise Woodgerd

Wow, this application, Mail Backup X, is amazing. I have been using this application since a week- over now and I am completely amazed with its features. It can backup all the email clients available on mac on various locations.

I dont know why but forum sites like these should provide solutions like these, as these are mush helpful and easier ways to backup stuff from the device. Posting the question, I had to find solution myself and I am posting the it by myself. However, if someone is looking for a decent email backup solution for mac, Mail backup x is the best one can ever have.

Thanks, Signing out.,

Denise Woodgerd, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:43 AM
    1. Advertisements