How can I backup all my email accounts on Mac book pro in one go?

Reaction score
Hello Team,

I am using 3 different email accounts on my mac, one of apple, other of outlook and one of yahoo on mac thunderbird. I wanted to know if it is possible to backup all the three accounts in one go? Also if this process can be automated, then that would be great. Does anyone know a solution to this query? Do Reply.

Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

A Time Machine backup would be the easiest and most automatic. It would also backup all of your other files as well. There are other ways too, such as a SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner bootable clone of your entire hard drive. In addition, you could perform some form of manual backup, which isn't recommended, and is much more difficult.

If you have setup all of your accounts as IMAP, and make any folders for storing mail on the server, then the backup is automatic, and you can see/search all of your mail even when logged into webmail via a web browser.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question