New email account works on PC but not Mac

Reaction score
I have a new email account which is set up exactly as the domain name provider has instructed with correct name and password (he has checked). None of our Mac devices can receive mail from the account. We get a message saying cannot connect to the server. Strangely, from a PC we can use our password and email address to login to the webmail, but not from our Macs. Weird. Anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
Which EMail program are you using on the Mac devices? Also, what OS are you using?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
-For the account login, are you using the full email address or just the account name before the @ symbol?
-Are you setting it up as POP or IMAP?
-Did they provide any specific/custom ports for incoming/outgoing mail?
-Does the server require SSL?

C

Reaction score
For account login I have been told to use full email address.
Setting up as POP and told to use 110 for incoming. I also tried 995 which my other email accounts use but it made no difference.
Outgoing is not a problem and I can send mail from the new email address using my original server.
I have been told not to use SSL however I tried with both on and off and no change.

Ask a Question