ColorSync can't open document

Reaction score
And my other problem concerning saving photos from my phone (Telecom R6) is that when i have emailed the photos to myself i can't just select "save" and have it work. A blank document type thing arrives on the desktop but when i click it ColorSync opens and the panel says ColorSync cannot open this document. Its a default thing.
I can save the pictures another way but its a multiple step process.
I double click on the image in email it opens the xtra Lightsurf site, then click download, select image, click to save file and the result is a zip file on the desktop.

By fortunate accident i found i can double click the zip file and it will convert to jpeg. Can then rename the image and bob's your uncle. Much easier just to be able to "save" straight from email. Or even better had i been able to transfer from the phone (see other posting).

I wouldn't have thought that ColorSync would be the right programme anyway. There is no option offered to choose another application. Thanks again.

Reaction score
It depends on what the format of the photo is, the Mac is making a best guess and getting it wrong.

It sounds like the xtra Lightsurf site takes the image converts it to a jpg, zips it up and allows you to download it.

You could try doing a Get Info on the file and change its filetype to .jpg and see if preview will just open it.

Reaction score
I always read what you say with interest. I had no idea how to get info because i thought it had to be already saved in order to do that but have had a play around with one of the images and found that if i single click the image( that won't open) it brings up Finder and in there i can choose Get Info.
When the info panel shows up i didn't see (as yet) how to change the format but i did see it offered options of ways to open the file.. 4 ways.. Firefox, Safari, Quick Time and Colorsync. I chose firefox and when i clicked to "change all", i was asked was i sure i wanted Firefox to open all documents but i don't think i do? Text Edit opens documents doesn't it? And Preview opens others. Don't want to mess with it.
Once opened in Firefox i had to Select All and then save to desktop.
Very interesting though.

As for transferring from the mobile,does propriety format of pictures prevent the software from offering the ability to open the channel to media cos that is what the problem is.? Its not that i get there then can't download the photos.
The JoinMe doesn't come up with the options the manual says it should.

Ask a Question