Can't uninstall Facebook from my iPad

Reaction score
I received an update notice from FB, and attempted to update on my iPad (version 9.0.1). The update stalled before it was fully downloaded. It appeared as though it fully downloaded, but never opened. I tried to uninstall it by pressing the FB icon until it jiggled then pressing the "x" and going back to the home page, but the icon for FB never disappeared - it just stayed dark. Now I can neither uninstall or reinstall FB. Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Try restarting the iPad, then try deleting the Facebook app.

C

Reaction score
I did both of those things first. Neither worked. I tried several times to delete, but since it won't let me do that, I can't reinstall either. Thanks anyway.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Try signing out of the App Store, then signing back in. Also, do you even connect the iPad to your computer? If so, you could try connecting it and removing Facebook via the Apps tab for the iPad in iTunes.

C

Reaction score
Try signing out of the App Store, then signing back in. Also, do you even connect the iPad to your computer? If so, you could try connecting it and removing Facebook via the Apps tab for the iPad in iTunes.

C
Thanks, Cory. I tried doing that also, before posting on this Forum. FB didn't show up in the Apps on my iMac, even though it was still there, darkened , on my iPad. And that's the problem - the darkened icon won't "disappear" and I can't reinstall FB.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...here are two more things to try:

1. Hard reset - hold Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until iPad goes black, then let go. Press Sleep/Wake button to start iPad, then try to delete if it is still there.
2. Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > click on Facebook > click Delete App

C

Ask a Question