Can't unhighlight text on my iPad's Book app.

Reaction score
I can’t unhighlight text on my iPad’s Books app on my M1 iPad Air with 16.3. (I have been known to accidentally highlight something I want to select for other purposes)

I can select text and highlight it with a selection of 5 colors or underline. But I can’t find an option to unhighlight it on my iPad.

So I go to my M1 iMac with 13.2, open the same book and find the text that is highlighted on my iPad. I thought I would see the highlight from my iPad on my iMac, but I didn’t. But I selected some text and highlighted it to a different color. The color changed on my iPad. On my Mac there now was an option to remove the highlight, which I did.

But that highlight is only removed on my Mac, not on my iPad.

How do I get rid of that highlight on my iPad?

(I tried to see if I could duplicate this on my iPhone, but my finger’s too big).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

When you select the highlighted text in the Books app on the iPad, the action bar appears and should have a Remove option. If not, click the > and the right side of that bar and see if it is available.

C

Ask a Question