can't transfer notes on iPhone 4 to iMac...

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to transfer some notes on my iPhone 4 to my iMac so that I can print them. I can successfully email them to myself but then they have no date on them (only the email date). I need the entries to be dated and emailing seems to make the date disappear. Any advice would be really welcome.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Which version of Mac OS X on the iMac?
-Are you using the Apple Notes app on both?
-If so, are you signed into the same Apple ID on both devices and can you see the same notes on the iMac's Notes app?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of iOS on the iPhone?
-Which version of Mac OS X on the iMac?
-Are you using the Apple Notes app on both?
-If so, are you signed into the same Apple ID on both devices and can you see the same notes on the iMac's Notes app?

C
Hi, thanks for your reply
I think its version 8.3
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Yes, using apple notes on both
No, I can't see the same notes on the iMac as on the iPhone...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If you can't see the same notes on the iPhone and iMac, then they may be signed in with different Apple IDs, or they aren't set to sync Notes in the settings/preferences. Check that.

But, the problem here is that I don't believe the date/time that you see on the notes is included when printing. If you need a timestamp on them, then email may be the best bet. And to keep the date relative, you should email it directly when it is created.

If I find a better solution, I will let you know.

C

Reaction score
Yes, all of the above was helpful, but, I think you're right about the time/date issue. I checked the Apple ID's and preferences for syncing etc, and I have explored the iTunes advice online and the cloud advice etc, but none of them proved successful . I will give up and simply photograph the Notes on my iPhone and then email and print. This should prove the original time of the entry I hope. Its pretty frustrating, but I have learned a thing or two along the way, so, thank you for your advice . It was educative!

Ask a Question