Can't stop Safari hanging.

Reaction score
Hi folks

Somethings gone seriously wrong with my imac, and now once Safari (ver 9.1.2) has loaded up and I have made a few clicks, it just hangs with a permanent beach ball.

I've tried what I know - I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6, (Safari hasn't seemed right since I upgraded), and I've done first aid, numerous restarts etc. all to no avail. I did have a previous (post El Capitan) bad session with Safari, not as bad as this, which seemed to be affected at the time by Kaspersky - getting rid of that seemed to do the trick, but now I'm at a loss as to what I can do.

Any help would be most welcome please.

Reaction score
Hi,

Turn off Safari search queries and Safari Suggestions usage data sent to Apple, you can turn off Safari Suggestions in Safari. Simply choose Safari > Preferences, click Search, then deselect the checkbox for Safari Suggestions.

Please post feed back.

Reaction score
Hi Oldscribe

Many thanks for the response and help. I did what you suggested, and having gone a few days, hopefully this seems to have sorted the problem.

Many thanks again.

Ask a Question