Can't Launch Quick Time

Reaction score
Hi

I am a total newbie to Mac's. Just got a mac mini for use as a home theater pc and have been running as a Windows machine under boot-camp without any problems. Finally got up enough guts to check it out as a mac machine but ran into problems immediately. For some reason I can't seem to launch Quictime. It does not appear in the dock at the bottom. OK I do a find to locate it and I find it - but when I click on it - nothing - zippo - nothing. Tried reinstalling from the internet - downloads fine - but when I try to install it is says already installed.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Bill

Reaction score
The most recent one. I now suspect it is supposed to be that way. I was expecting it to be the same as on windows where a window opens - but that may not be the way it works on the mac. I can play videos fine by opening them directly.

Thanks
Bill

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Quicktime is integrated into the Mac OS ... it is a part of iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie etc ... in your Applications folder you will find Quicktime Player which I think also is integrated with Quick Look (where you highlight a supported media file and then hit the Space Bar to preview it without actually needing to launch any app.

If you dig a little deeper and go into the Utilities Folder which is to be found in the Applications Folder, you will find QuickTime Player 7, which has a few more tricks up it's sleeve than the new QuickTime.

To go straight to your Applications Folder, in Finder you can use the Keyboard Shortcut"

Shift + Command + A​

Or to go straight to the Utilities Folder, use:

Shift + Command + U​

Ask a Question