Can't install Panther

Reaction score
I just got a set of install disks for 10.3.7. I have a LaCie d2 CD-RW drive (the slot loading thing on the iMac doesn't work anymore) When I install disk #1 it does not show up on the desktop, and when I restart holding down 'c' it shows a folder that flashes a question mark in the middle.

I have an iMac DV (G3) running OS 10.2.8, with 576 Megs of Ram. I have an external HD. :confused:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

first question, is the LaCie drive Firewire ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
PS I was able to install 10.3.9 from another set of disks I did not know I had..... Now I have a new question. All I want is iPhoto 5. It is supposed to be on those other set of disks, I assume it is on the third disk? and if so how do I go about installing it? Mucho gracias......

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

glad it's working !

iPhoto is on Disk 2 of the Retail Panther disks, it's iPhoto version 2.0

If you want iPhoto 5...then you have to buy it...it's part of the iLife software.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
More Panther problems, grrrrr!

Everthing was working fine until I decided to update iTunes. My IE favorites and Eudora mailbox addresses where gone and the blue screen was up. I fixed IE, turned it off and went to bed. This morning everthing is back to normal, ie; my normal screen saver is on, Eudora has everthing on it but when I check the OS it says my old one, 10.2.8 is operating, NOT 10.3.9!!! What the flip happened to it????:eek:

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

very strange !

How did you install Panther ? Did you do an Archive and Install ?

I've never heard of OS X 'rolling' back before.

Looks like you'll have to install again...

regards

Ric

Ask a Question