Mac Pro 2009 can't install or run OS x

Reaction score
i get a Mac Pro 2010 to change my Mac Pro 2009 and I grab the hard drive from the 2010 t 2010 and try to install a new install of OS X I can't . I want to install on ssd , and I format the hard drive and the ssd to Mac journal to install os. So the problem is when I get from the drive from the 2010 hard drive I can reach into disk recover and disk utility but the Mac don't recognize the internet cable that connect to that Mac and confirm that is work because i use with him to another pic . In network utility I can see some transfer of the Internet but when I click on reinstall os x it's say that I have no intenert connection or connect to wifi (and I don't have wifi in my 2009) and I can't install the os.

The second problem is that I make a El Capitan bootable on usb and when I try to boot from him I got that error messenger (picture include )

AAnother problem that I tried is to take a working hard drive from my 2010 and try boot him in the 2009 and I got the same error .

maybe the Mac confused with the 2010 ? And maybe I need to make bootable hard drive or make osx hard drive from 2009 only ? Or my Mac in trouble ? Please help me

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 371

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are these actual Mac Pros and not MacBook Pros?
-Are you moving the hard drives/SSD from one Mac to the other?
-How are you trying to install OS X - from a USB flash drive, via the Internet, etc.?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Are these actual Mac Pros and not MacBook Pros?
-Are you moving the hard drives/SSD from one Mac to the other?
-How are you trying to install OS X - from a USB flash drive, via the Internet, etc.?

C

Thanks
It's Mac Pro 2009 (silver tower)
Yes I moved the hard drive that came with 2010 to 2009 as is (with Yosemite install on it) and from the 2009 the add with El Capitan I moved to 2010 and all work just fine .

And yes I said it before that I get reach to disk recovery from the hard drive that came with the 2010 but the internet connection don't work , I connect to internet cable but the Mac don't recognize it when I try install from internet , it say to connect to wifi (that I didn't have in 2009) or connect internet cable, that work but don't showing my internet signal.
When I try to boot from bootable USB drive that I made with El Capitan in my 2010 it's show me that error that I upload in the previous message

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...this article from Apple may help with the Internet connectivity issue: OS X: About OS X Recovery.

The error you show in your screenshot is a kernel panic. It probably is being caused by a discrepancy between the version of OS X installed on that drive and the Mac Pro hardware.

-How did you install OS X on the USB drive?
-Is it a USB hard drive or a flash drive?

You could try leaving the hard drives in their original Macs, download Install OS X El Capitan from the App Store and use it to install, instead of trying to use Internet Recovery.

C

Reaction score
OK...this article from Apple may help with the Internet connectivity issue: OS X: About OS X Recovery.

The error you show in your screenshot is a kernel panic. It probably is being caused by a discrepancy between the version of OS X installed on that drive and the Mac Pro hardware.

-How did you install OS X on the USB drive?
-Is it a USB hard drive or a flash drive?

You could try leaving the hard drives in their original Macs, download Install OS X El Capitan from the App Store and use it to install, instead of trying to use Internet Recovery.

C
Thanks for the helping.

I install the boot with software that make bootable USB and the OS X I download from App Store . And also some code that I see in apple site to make USB bootable USB. And it's USB, usb3 that work fine in my Mac 2010. I try that what u say to install on some harddrive OS X and try start him from the Mac but with no luck , same error (kernel panic) I have some update that I make Yosemite bootable USB and I can get into the recovery but without internet. But I can install the OS X butafter the installation the Mac does reset and then it's came to page with OS X install, but it's stuck in 10 minutes forever, I'll try this week with friend's OS X that came with Mac (DVD) something old and try boot from there

Reaction score
Thanks for the helping.

I install the boot with software that make bootable USB and the OS X I download from App Store . And also some code that I see in apple site to make USB bootable USB. And it's USB, usb3 that work fine in my Mac 2010. I try that what u say to install on some harddrive OS X and try start him from the Mac but with no luck , same error (kernel panic) I have some update that I make Yosemite bootable USB and I can get into the recovery but without internet. But I can install the OS X butafter the installation the Mac does reset and then it's came to page with OS X install, but it's stuck in 10 minutes forever, I'll try this week with friend's OS X that came with Mac (DVD) something old and try boot from there

problem solved by does a hardware test and i see some error and i change the CPU's to new , and everything work fine .

Ask a Question