Can't install Leopard 10.5.1

Reaction score
Let's go back to a month ago to start.

Turned on my computer, had an X appear where the apple should have been, reinstalled leopard, erased my hard drive completely.

Worked fine until two weeks ago when I got stuck at a solid blue screen at startup. Ran disk utility and installed leopard onto my external (didn't time machine anything). Booted up Leopard though my external and moved all my internal files to my external and then went to install leopard to my internal. Worked, but then couldn't get it past the apple screen with the "pinwheel"

Took it to my school's help desk and they said I needed a new hard drive. Bought one, they installed it and I brought it back to me room. It has "mac os extended" as the version and works, but I can't install leopard.

For some reason when I put it in, it won't boot past the same apple screen with the "pinwheel", and wont bring up the setup during start up. (pressing c to try and run the disk) So I put the disk in after it boots to my os extended and click install that way, says it needs to restart for the setup to work and it never gets past the apple screen. It seems that no startup keyboard commands are working (can't run safe mode or single user mode etc.)

The mac "extended" is fine for the time being, but I can't install itunes 8.0 or anything using a mpkg extension.

I'll put down details and such...

2.16 ghz intel core 2 duo
2gb ram
Macbook... running no external gear (speakers, mouse, keyboard etc)
Startup disk is untitled1...
Format os extended
Hard drive (brand new) is WD SATA Scorpio 320gb, 7200rpm, 16mb cache, mac compatable

Other than that I can try and describe my problem more.

Trying to install leopard 10.5.1, bought the copy, not ripped.
Disk isn't scratched.

It just gets to the apple screen with that pinwheel thing that shows up every time mac boots, but it doesn't get past. Tried all the boot commands I know, none work. I don't know if I can think of anything else to say.

Ask a Question