Can't install any OS X

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2010 13", with C2D 2,4 GHz, 1+4GB RAM (1333MHz and 1600MHz), nVidia 320M integrated VGA.
I would like to install OSX to my blank internal SSD. I tried Internet Recovery, Boot pendrie, both wont work.
The loading bar stops in halfway, and the notebook freezes. Apple hardware diagnostic said there is no errors (booted from usb also).

When I bought the notebook, had 10.6.3 on it. Tried update it, and when it restarted, it didnt load anymore. At that time swapped the original HDD to an SSD.
I tried El Capitan installer, High Sierra installer, opencore big sur installer (that is loaded once, but in the language selection screen, it freezes instantly), and the Internet Recovery with Alt+CMD+R and Shift+Alt+CMD+R also.

What can I do next?

Thanks for the comments, and sorry for my bad english.

Reaction score
Hi there, and welcome to the forum,

On your MacBook pro you should be able to install anything between 10.6.3 and 10.13.6.

The problem that you are most likely having with the internet recovery may be a date issue. The installers have certificates in them that expire after a certain date.

The workaround is to change your date before running the installer.

If you have another Mac that can run High Sierra, you can download the High Sierra installer at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741

Then you can create a USB installer by following the instructions at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

If you are not able to download and create a new installer then startup the Mac holding down Alt+CMD+R. This should boot into the 10.3.6 High Sierra Recovery.

When you are at OS X Utilities screen, before you select Install OS X go to the Utilities menu on top and select Terminal. Once the terminal launches type in date 1201010018

This will set the date to Dec 1st, 2018 which should be prior to the date that the Install certificate expires.

After you get confirmation of the date, quit the terminal, and then Install OS X.

Once the Mac reboots into the OS, and you have an internet connection the date should automatically switch back to the current date and time.

Ask a Question