Can't consistently send mail

Reaction score
My client reports:
There is still something wrong with my mail account on my laptop. I can receive emails and surf the net, but it is hit and miss (mostly miss) when it comes to sending emails. This iPad works okay however, but it is a pain to use.

Any suggestions?
OS X 10.8.4
MacBook Pro (about 6 months old)
iPad (aabout 6 months old)
Apple Mail

Reaction score
Hi,
but it is hit and miss (mostly miss) when it comes to sending emails.
Logically if there were issues re your account set up on the Mac you would not be able to send or receive full stop.
Is the Mac hard wired or wireless?

I would defiantly run repair permissions via disk utility.

Reaction score
Hi,

Logically if there were issues re your account set up on the Mac you would not be able to send or receive full stop.
Is the Mac hard wired or wireless?

I would defiantly run repair permissions via disk utility.

He's using wireless. He's on a month-long road trip. His MacPro at home works fine, and I run utilities once a month on all his Macs, including Repair Disk Permissions, Repair Disk and the entire Onyx suite. He doesn't use the MacBook Pro often, but I will suggest that he run Repair Disk Permissions again (though probably not defiantly) and see if that takes care of the problem. Thanks for the quick reply.

Reaction score
He's using wireless. He's on a month-long road trip. His MacPro at home works fine.
There's the problem! Outward mail is always hit and miss when you're travelling. Different ISPs have different approaches to controlling who is able to send outward mail through their connections (to prevent abuse by spammers). If you tell us about their mail server and where they're travelling, we may be able to provide more specific advise.

Reaction score
There's the problem! Outward mail is always hit and miss when you're travelling. Different ISPs have different approaches to controlling who is able to send outward mail through their connections (to prevent abuse by spammers). If you tell us about their mail server and where they're travelling, we may be able to provide more specific advise.
Thanks, but old scribe's advice seems to have solved the problem. Appreciate the feedback!

Ask a Question