Can't connect to wifi

jay

Reaction score
Hey need help again. My MacBook wont connect to wifi my iPad and iPhone can and it was working fine yesterday but won't work this morning..it's happened once before and I reset my keychain but its not working this time.

Reaction score
Have you turned the WiFi off and on again from the WiFi Menu?
Check that the right WiFi is selected from the WiFi Menu.

jay

Reaction score
Have you turned the WiFi off and on again from the WiFi Menu?
Check that the right WiFi is selected from the WiFi Menu.
Yeah tried that and I tried deleting the network and then reconnecting but it still sais there is no IP address.

Reaction score
So it does have the tick beside the Network?

Have you restarted the WiFi Router?

jay

Reaction score
Yeah
So it does have the tick beside the Network?

Have you restarted the WiFi Router?
it has a tick but the above it it sais Alert: No Internet connection with the little hazard sign. The router looks like its hard wired I'm out on a rig and don't really want to play with it and brake it

Reaction score
Keep in mind that it gets that from the router, so if the network gets a tick, the Mac has joined the network, but the router hasn't given it an IP number whats up with the router not giving it a number. To many devices? some router have a 5 device limit, anything new on the network?

jay

Reaction score
Yeah the wifi was playin up a bit yesterday but I thought if I deleted the network and restored to default it would have reset itself. There's no limit on the router or nothing new just don't know why it's only mine that isn't working. One other guy has a mac and its working fine and everyone else has Microsoft and there all good too.

Reaction score
There's no limit on the router
all WiFi routers have a limit of devices that can be on the network. We use the AppleBase stations because their speed and dependability and device count is far better (50).

If there is another Mac in the pool, Make an Ad Hoc Network with each other, and if you both have 10.8 see if AirDrop works if not then just check file sharing.

jay

Reaction score
I'll give that a go in the morning. Someone was saying that there are too many people on here so hopefully it fixes itself once a few leave..thanks for your help though much appreciated

Reaction score
Remember that wireless base stations that use the "G" standard - most of the ones that come in Wireless ADSL Modems for a start - only support 10 connections... You're using (or trying to use) three of them just for your devices: two more people, and your WiFi is overwhelmed...

Ask a Question