Can't connect to ancestry website

Reaction score
Last week hubby bought me a new iMac computer to replace my tired and worn out one. My new iMac is a 27" which has Mojave. The computer technician in the store transferred everything from my old iMac, on to my new iMac and it's been great.

I'm currently doing my family tree and since having my new computer I have been able to access www.ancestry.com using Safari with no problem.

Earlier today I wanted to do some more ancestry and Safari just will not connect to it !!!!!! (I can connect if I use Firefox). Can anyone tell me as to why Safari suddenly won't connect, but yet Firefox will ?

I'm a very senior lady, so hopefully if you know what the problem might be, you can tell me in VERY easy words.

Thank you SO very much, in advance.

Reaction score
It could be an issue with that site that is specific to Safari.

Try another browser, like Google Chrome or Opera, and see what happens. Just to let you know, I rarely, of ever, have issues with Google Chrome. But I see quite a few folks post issues about Safari here. Of course I suspect the number of those complaints has to do with the fact that most folks who come here use Safari. It's Just too slow for me.

Also, you provide the actual site name? I can try seeing if Google Chrome and/or Opera have any issues with it.

Reaction score
I really do appreciate you both trying to help me.....perhaps I should take a look at Google Chrome. Again, sincere thanks.

Reaction score
I've only had the new computer a week, so should that be necessary ?

Also, I can get it on Firefox just fine.....just not Safari.

One would not think so. However, some other folks are reporting issues with the version of Safari in Mojave.

The first update to Mojave, OS 10.14.1, is in the 5th phase of beta testing, and thus is expected to be released soon. But I do not remember seeing anything about Safari in that version.

Reaction score
Another "teething trouble" with my new iMac (Mojave).

As you already know, I've only had my new iMac about two weeks.........I don't have the blue dots showing me new and unread mail. Please can you tell me how I can get them.

Reaction score
And are you using Apple's Mail program, or another one?

Also, the first update to Mojave, OS 10.14.1, was released on Tuesday. Not sure if it resolves your issue, but it is always best to keep up to date.

Reaction score
And are you using Apple's Mail program, or another one?

Also, the first update to Mojave, OS 10.14.1, was released on Tuesday. Not sure if it resolves your issue, but it is always best to keep up to date.
Is the mail account POP or IMAP?
is the iMac the only machine with your email account on?

Where do I find out if my email is POP or IMAP ?

I use Mac mail.

I also have a Mac book Pro..... and a very old iPad (iPad2) with my email accounts.

Don't know anything about the update on Tuesday.

Sorry that I'm so "dim". Hope you can advise me.

Ask a Question