Cant boot up

Reaction score
Hi I have a MacBook air 13" 1.1 the very first ones.
I bought it 2nd hand after getting it home and using it I noticed it had a noise fan. So ordered one. Got it replaced and booted up that worked ok part from could not hear the fan kick in. So shut down and opened the back to see booted up to see the fan not working right. Turned if off and put the back on again booted up now I only get to the grey screen with the apple logo the disco bit just keeps spinning.
At the same time I repleaced the battery as it was dead that's fine now but just before the loading disco at the logo I get a loading bar for a bit then that goes away.
Am on snow leopard.
I tried boot in safe mode by holding shift key but only goes to grey screen with logo and disco spins.
Any help would be great as now with a Mac I can't use after buying it.

as am posting this just got it to boot from cd by press option key, but when I get to select disk I want to instal os x its got the contents of this disk cant be changed

Ask a Question