HELP Mac wont boot from any Apple Retail Disk, cant instal OS X

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have this problem, by mistake i put a Windows XP disk on my Macbook, boot from it and install the system formatting my harddrive. everything went perfect, but now i want to install OS X Snow Leopard so i put my retail disc, turn on the macbook hold down C Key or Option Key or any key and the macbook wont boot from it. try booting from a USB image of Snow Leopard, from the retail disc 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard. i even connect the MacBook to an iMac by Firewire and did the installation by target and after installing the os x the system does not start at all. i put back the XP disc and boots perfectly from it. I dont know if its possible i deleted ant driver or damage the EFI on my Macbook i need to install OS X on it? anyone has this problem? how can i solve it?? pleas i really need HELP

Reaction score
Yes already try that. Right now the computer has one partition with Snow Leopard installed from another mac by target. I try hold down C, X, S, Shift. Pram, vram and already did the fsck repair on the singleuser mode.. Anything. But once i put any windows disc on the optical drive boots perfectly from it looks like a have a fuc**ng pc inside my Macbook. I really need to get my mb working on any OS X. What else can i do? I read about fix the EFI but i dont have any ideas.

Reaction score
Help!

Similar problem - my new imac was running fine on 10.6.8. But after it started crashing a lot I decided to back up, erase , repair and to reinstall snow leopard.

But the snow leopard install cd stops at about 29 minutes each time I try. Where am I going wrong? Tried umpteen times.......

Ask a Question