why cant I upgrade my i-photo software

Reaction score
Hi. I am an old gal, I have a mac book pro 10.13.3 high sierra I have been trying to update my photo software photo

the has been popping up for a long time, but need to back up and also update.

but the message comes up UNAVAILABLE ON THIS ID ITS BEEN REFUNDED OR CANCELLED ????????

its a mid 2010 mac book pro never changed hands updated constantly tried apple techs My I-D has never changed

either. i cant back up my photos because of this.

Please can some-one tell me why

Ta

Reaction score
From what I understand, iPhoto was discontinued with Yosemite, and replaced by the Photos app. IN doing a google serach about your issue, it seems there is a "possibility" to get it, and have it run with High Sierra. This link discusses that:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/05/16/use-iphoto-instead-of-mac-photos-app-osx/
Well I have just spent 30 mins on the chat to apple got no-where only another case number, 55 mins la

I have spent hours trying to solve this, I have just spent 30 mins on the chat line to get no help
it is a mystery what is going on

I will try the link you sent me Yes I suspect each time I do an upgrade it changes, My I-d has never changed and I have had this mac from new Ta H

Reaction score
Well I have just spent 30 mins on the chat to apple got no-where only another case number, 55 mins la

I have spent hours trying to solve this, I have just spent 30 mins on the chat line to get no help

I will try the link you sent me Yes I suspect each time I do an upgrade it changes, My I-d has never changed and I have had this mac from new Ta H

Sorry you are having such issues. I have never used either of those apps much, but maybe someone else here can "chime in". I do agree that the issue with your ID seems odd. High Sierra does have some "quirks", but not sure if your ID issue is connected with OS 10.13.3.

I hope you get a resolution.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi. I am an old gal, I have a mac book pro 10.13.3 high sierra I have been trying to update my photo software photo

the has been popping up for a long time, but need to back up and also update.

but the message comes up UNAVAILABLE ON THIS ID ITS BEEN REFUNDED OR CANCELLED ????????

its a mid 2010 mac book pro never changed hands updated constantly tried apple techs My I-D has never changed

either. i cant back up my photos because of this.

Please can some-one tell me why

Ta

Hi, just a few questions ...

Any update required would be made available for download through Software Update or through the App Store under "Updates". Have you run Software Update recently or checked in the App Store for any updates for your MBP?

What method do you use for backing up your photos?

Regarding the message that comes up, can you take a screenshot of it please using Shift Command 4 then position the mouse cursor over the message box & press the Spacebar then click down on the mouse or trackpad to take the photo.

Reaction score
honestone said:

Thank you for the link you posted, I think I have an explanation. I have an old I-Mac
10.6.8 in my applications there is only one app for I-Photo. so not problem..

However on my Mac Bk Pro 10/13.3 my apps are I-Photo AND Photos
So I deleted the I-photo app leaving just the one which is uptodate.

I think I was trying to update the I-Photo and that was the problem............
certainly hope so. , I only discovered this in following the link you sent me. so Thank you

Ask a Question