Canon MG8250 driver & Ventura

Reaction score
Canon's MG8250 printer driver will not work under Ventura 13.3.1 Hopefully there is a generic driver that will work its magic?

Reaction score
Canon's MG8250 printer driver will not work under Ventura 13.3.1 Hopefully there is a generic driver that will work its magic?
You can get on Canon’s web site and search for the drivers you need?

I got on the Canon web site and searched for “MG8250” but the only hit was for “PIXMA MG8220.” Close enough? However, they state that this product has been retired—meaning they don’t develop the software for this printer anymore. You may want to try searching elsewhere. Some independent service company out there might have the files you need.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I checked Canon's website, and that model hasn't had a supported driver since macOS 10.13 High Sierra, since it was manufactured in 2015 or earlier.

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 11.12.40.png

I am not aware of any existing generic drivers for older Canon printer models. I think the best thing to try would be a driver for similar model in the series, or you may have to replace the MG8250 with a new printer.

C

Reaction score
Have you tried the Gutenprint drivers. These are drivers for older printers that utilize CUPS. the MG8250 is listed in there as experimental, but it should work for you. I setup an old HP LaserJet 5 from the 90's that is still useable in Ventura with these drivers.

You can read about this and download it from https://gimp-print.sourceforge.io/MacOSX.php

Ask a Question