My new canon TS8350 printer is airprint compatible, is connected to our network, works perfectly but no airprint

Reaction score
My new printer works fine connected to the iMac by a USB cable and is clearly connected to our network router but I cannot persuade AirPrint to function and as we have two iPhones, two iPads and two computers working in the house this would be very useful. Has Apple done something strange, because lately my old printer which worked fine with AirPrint stopped that function, which is why I have replaced it with the new one. the old oneness rubbish anyway in general. I am following instructions as given but am told every time ‚no AirPrint printers found. Thank you for any help you can offer. Apparent it’s a common problem, but I wanted to stick with Canon printers.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't used AirPrint personally, but I do know some of the suggested requirements:
-Latest version of macOS on Macs
-Latest version of iOS on mobile devices
-Best to have the printer connected only via Wi-Fi to the same wireless network as the Macs/iOS devices, as I have heard of issue when it is connected via USB as well
-AirPrint compatibility is dependent on application AirPrint support, but all Apple apps should be comptible

Which brand/model is your router?

C

Reaction score
Thanks, my IOS devices are up to date but my two computers run on Sierra, because I just don’t want to have the problems of updating a bunch of applications. The Router comes from our cable company UPC

Ask a Question