Canon A3 bubblejet printer i6500 - installation !

Ric

Reaction score
Posted on behalf of 'mart'

Has anyone successfull installed an i6500 for OSX10.4 (Tiger)? I have a new iMac G5 10.4.3 and have problems aligning the print head of my new 16500 - consequently very blurred printing.

Canon specify operating system requirements of Mac OSX 10.24 and HIGHER. I have downloaded Canon's recommended latest i6500 printer driver software from their website (which is for OSX10.3x), but no improvement.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi mart,

do you have Classic OS 9 on your iMac or is it just Tiger ?

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Does the Canon printer Utility open up, or is it just not doing what you expect it to ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Posted on behalf of 'mart'

Has anyone successfull installed an i6500 for OSX10.4 (Tiger)? I have a new iMac G5 10.4.3 and have problems aligning the print head of my new 16500 - consequently very blurred printing.

Canon specify operating system requirements of Mac OSX 10.24 and HIGHER. I have downloaded Canon's recommended latest i6500 printer driver software from their website (which is for OSX10.3x), but no improvement.

I have the same problem with my Epson R2400, there are no drivers for 10.4.3

Just spent over 2 hours on a mac help call centre, and they gave up.
I did everything posible in the past 5 days to get my printer going.

It run's perfect on 10.3 b.t.w,

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there !

Have you tried the Epson Support site...

From what I can see the drivers for your Printer were last updated on the 20th October 2005, do you already have these ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Hi there !

Have you tried the Epson Support site...

From what I can see the drivers for your Printer were last updated on the 20th October 2005, do you already have these ?

regards

Ric
I'm afraid so, i'm now forsded to buy another printer.

Ric

Reaction score
Have you had no luck with the new drivers ?

What actually happens ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Have you had no luck with the new drivers ?

What actually happens ?

regards

Ric

I made a screenshot so maybe you can tell what's going on, only problem is it's dutch

Ric

Reaction score
Can you add the Screenshot so we can see it...

...and give a 'bit' of a translation ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Can you add the Screenshot so we can see it...

...and give a 'bit' of a translation ?

regards

Ric
/Users/cristiandebruijne/Desktop/Afbeelding 1.png

I allready send it to your e-mail adres, you can put it on this forum ( i don't know how)

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks, I have it now...I have a very aggresive spam filter in place, so it had been sent to the bin ! To add an image just add it as an attachment when posting a message...there's a box that says Attach files...click the manage attachments and then you can add them in there.

Are you changing specific settings or is it just happening no matter what you do ?

Before buying a new printer I would check out http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

I would uninstall the Epson drivers first and give the Gimp Drivers a go, they may not offer the full functionality of the original drivers, but they should at least work !

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Ric said:
Thanks, I have it now...I have a very aggresive spam filter in place, so it had been sent to the bin ! To add an image just add it as an attachment when posting a message...there's a box that says Attach files...click the manage attachments and then you can add them in there.

Are you changing specific settings or is it just happening no matter what you do ?

Before buying a new printer I would check out http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

I would uninstall the Epson drivers first and give the Gimp Drivers a go, they may not offer the full functionality of the original drivers, but they should at least work !

regards

Ric

Ric,

Finnaly succes.........
I re-instald OS X , and down louded the driver from the U.K. Epson site! The Dutch Epson site has a wrong version. (older!)

Have a good one,
Crico

Reaction score
Hello all. Just thought I'd add to this problem rather than starting a new thread.
SOS! Similar thing to the original problem, with an i6500, but worse!

Just upgraded to Tiger last week, realised today my printer had been erased during the upgrade. Tried to download the newest canon driver, didn't work. Rang Canon, not too much help, said the the download for v10.3 DOES work.
Tried downloading it on a peecee, didn't work either.

-Downloaded a new version of Stuff It Expander, the file opened, i've installed the printer and restarted 3 times now, but can't find that it has actually installed it to anywhere. Done searches for it, can't find. I'm now going mad.
Answers or suggestions on a postcard please.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi sheepie,

go to System Preferences-->Print and Fax

has the printer been added in there ?

What happens when you try and print something ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
It doesn't appear to have installed at all despite running the installation software and restarting numerous times. Its not visible in printers and faxes or print centre. I can't print anything because i've now not got any printers added!

Ric

Reaction score
Okay,

I'm just trying to find the list on Apple's website that contains the list of printers...by default Tiger install's drivers for 100's of printers (including Canon ones).

I don't suppose you tried plugging in the printer before putting on the supplied drivers to see if it worked ?

Still looking for the list...

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Found it !

Tiger included Printer Drivers

If you have alook at the list, the i6500 should have just been Plug and Play ?

According to the list, version 2.3.2, which as far as I can see is the latest version...

Hmmm...

What version of the Driver did you download, maybe the one you have tried is an older version ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks for the help...but things now seem to be SORTED! I did have all the correct and recommended drivers, and I found the drivers installed with Tiger...unfortunately that refused to play ball too...however, yet another download from canon, install and restart has got it working again..for now!
Thanks again. I may be back here with other problems soon!

Ask a Question