SOLVED Cannot Connect to the App Store

Reaction score
When I try to go to purchases and click on certain apps, it says I cannot connect to the app store, no matter where I am or if I am connected to the internet or not. Most of the ones that do are 32-bit apps, but Angry Birds for some reason, which I got years ago, and some other apps don't work too. Some 32-bit apps don't do this. However, it works perfectly on every other device that I have tried, aka ones on iOS 9.3.5, iOS 14.7.1, and iOS 14.8, no matter what app I click on. And yeah, I have apps from 2011 that do this, but not on other devices. Some of the same apps that don't work on the phone work on the other devices.
Device Info:
iPhone
iOS 15.3.1

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Strange that it works on some apps/devices and not others. I have had some old apps not be able to be downloaded, because they aren't compatible with newer versions of iOS, or are no longer in the App Store.

The date & time being off can cause connection issues to many Apple services, so you could check that. Other basic troubleshooting for App Store connection issues are listed in this document: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services. Also, make sure you aren't connected through a VPN on the iPhone, as that can sometimes cause connection issues.

C

Reaction score
Nah, time has always been on the thing, and we don’t use a VPN. Whoever uses the device normally doesn’t know a lot about the settings.
And I mean that I can’t see the page at all, not that I can’t download them. Before on that device and on other devices, I could click on the page no matter what app it was. Yet on my 11 year old iPad, it works.

Reaction score
I noticed that I was not being notified when there was a new beta build. When I went to Settings > General > Software Update, it said I was up to date, but I suspected that I wasn't. I reinstalled the beta profile from the downloads section here, re-checked Software Update and it now said I wasn't updated. Long story short, I updated, restarted, and I now have access to the App Store.

Reaction score
When I try to go to purchases and click on certain apps, it says I cannot connect to the app store, no matter where I am or if I am connected to the internet or not. Most of the ones that do are 32-bit apps, but Angry Birds for some reason, which I got years ago, and some other apps don't work too. Some 32-bit apps don't do this. However, it works perfectly on every other device that I have tried, aka ones on iOS 9.3.5, iOS 14.7.1, and iOS 14.8, sonnerie telephone no matter what app I click on. And yeah, I have apps from 2011 that do this, but not on other devices. Some of the same apps that don't work on the phone work on the other devices.
Device Info:
iPhone
iOS 15.3.1

For the record, here is what I have tried:

• Signed out of iTunes and the App Store and signed back in
  • Made sure my Date & Time are set to “Set Automatically.”
  • Reset my Network Settings
  • Tried accessing via cellular connection only
  • Made sure I don't have a VPN profile

Reaction score
When I try to go to purchases and click on certain apps, it says I cannot connect to the app store, no matter where I am or if I am connected to the internet or not. Most of the ones that do are 32-bit apps, but Angry Birds for some reason, which I got years ago, and some other apps don't work too. Some 32-bit apps don't do this. However, it works perfectly on every other device that I have tried, aka ones on iOS 9.3.5, iOS 14.7.1, and iOS 14.8, no matter what app I click on. And yeah, I have apps from 2011 that do this, but not on other devices. Some of the same apps that don't work on the phone work on the other devices.
Device Info:
iPhone
iOS 15.3.1
Most likely you need to update the version of the operating system. Or update all settings on your phone.

Ask a Question