SOLVED Cannot connect to iCloud

Reaction score
I have Os 10.12.6. on an iMac 2011. I know this is ancient, but I am 78 years old, on retirement and there is not way I can purchase a new computer.

I have not been able to connect to iCloud for maybe a year. I get a message: "This Mac can''t connect to iCloud because of a problem with "my name@icloud__.com

I open iCloud preferences as directed, it wants my password but will not accept it (probably my fault). Then it wants me to enter my apple ID, which I do. Next it wants to either unlock by email, which it will not do because I no longer use or have access to that email. My provider is history. Not available.

Next, I could answer security questions, but it will not accept my answers. The first question is my birthdate. It will not accept my birthdate, of which I am certain I know. Maybe I did a typo when I entered it. I accept full responsibility for my errors, tho they are unknown to me.

My question is, do I just have to give up completely on iCloud? Or what? Is there a solution?

I also cannot accdess, nor download any photos to iPhoto. Are these problems related? Seriously!!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Because you do not have access to the recovery email any longer, it may be best to contact Apple directly via chat or telephone. Or, you could try resetting your Apple ID/iCloud password at iforgot.apple.com. It may accept the security question answers there.

Sorry, but because of Apple's VERY strict security, they will be the best way to gain access to your account.

C

Reaction score
Bless you Cory Cooper! I did as you suggested. It took a while but I am now all set to go. Thanks a million times over!

Ask a Question