Mail - Cannot connect to iCloud account

Reaction score
This morning my iCloud email stopped working. When I open the Mail preferences panel and look at the iCloud account, the Incoming Mail Server is listed as "mail.example.com" and is greyed out. I cannot edit this entry to the proper iCloud server name. I can edit my user name and password, but when I try to save changes it tells me that I cannot leave the Incoming Mail Server name blank. Which wouldn't be a problem if I could, you know, change it.
This just started this morning. I noticed that Mail was asking me for passwords that have been in my Keychain for ages, and I had to manually enter them all to get to my email.
My account is working on my iOS devices, and so are the other email accounts in Mail.
Tom

iMac, OS X 10.7.4

Reaction score
Try logging out and back in again in the iCloud Preference Panel.

Didn't help, and now it's getting worse. All my mail accounts are now offline, and I cannot save my passwords. All my outgoing servers are listed as (null). When I try to edit my server list and delete some of the obsolete servers, I get the caution that I cannot have duplicate server information in my list and I need to edit the marked servers. Problem is NONE of them are marked! So I have to cancel out.

UPDATE: Never mind. Quitting Mail and restarting it worked.

Still having the phantom server problem, though.

Reaction score
Sounds like your com.apple.Mail.plist is corrupt. Try trashing that and reentering the info.

Ask a Question