Cannot use this version of mail with this version of OS X

Reaction score
In order to to solve my problem with mail, I reinstalled mail using Pacifist & my Snow Leopard installation disc. I got "Cannot use this version of mail with this version of OS X". I repeated the whole process & got the same result. I tried software upgrade & it said there were no upgrades.What can I do?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

As you have found out, you cannot use an older version of the Mail application with a newer version of OS X. In addition, even if you get it installed/copied, Software Update will not update just that application.

I have answered your original post with a few things to look at, but you will have to get the newer version of Mail back in place to try. You will need to either copy the Mail app from a Time Machine or other backup, or perform a reinstall of the newer version of OS X over the top of your current installation (NOT an erase & install) and then run all software updates until you are back where you started.

C

Ask a Question