MacOS - We cannot connect to the server error

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone please help? My mac has bee working fine with no problems but when I tried to wake my mac this morning (I had left it on over night) it seems to have shut down on its own,

On rebooting my mac I now find I am unable to receive any emails or go to any webpage on my browser, with the error "We cannot connect to the server"

My mac Wi-Fi icon shows that I am connected to the router with a strong connection, also I have another Mac which is using the same router that has no problems so I have know idea what the problem may be.
I am running MacOS Sierra ver10.12.6 and the firewall is turned off.

Can anyone please suggest any ways of diagnosing and rectifying the problem.

Kind Regards

Gazzer

Last edited by a moderator:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Did it give an error message that it had shut down improperly?
-Have you tried restarting it again?

C

Reaction score
Are you using Firefox? Since Firefox downloaded its update I’ve been getting “cannot connect to server message“ on my iMAC. I can temporarily fix the problem by hard reboot. Switching between programs causes computer to freeze, also needing a hard reboot. Spent an hour with my FIOS provider, but that only proved Wi-Fi was connected and properly working. I’ve also deleted and re-downloaded Firefox, but that hasn’t solved problem.

Ask a Question