Can not detect System Recovery Partition

Reaction score
Hi,

Long story short I got a 21:9 screen, installed a program that would let me put a custom resolution in the system settings in order for it to work with el capitain, it asked me to boot into recovery mode and disable SIP, I did, the custom resolution didn't work and now I can't detect my recovery partition when booting cmd+R or with Option key. Thus I can't re-enable SIP for some reason. I can boot in internet mode and it gives me a "command not found" or something like that.
Can anyone help me out on this? The computer detects "Apple_Boot Recovery HD" on 650 mb from a 'diskutil list' command in terminal although I can't boot it.

SOLVED:
Actually it is enabled according to terminal when I run the status command in normal boot mode. Though I only disabled it and never managed to enable it according to the internet recovery boot terminal. Weird.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad you got it solved. If you have not been making backups to an external device, now is a good time to start.

Ask a Question